Click on an image to learn more about that service
What is Preventive Dentistry?
Our teeth are vital for speaking and eating. They also play an important role in our appearance. A beautiful smile is a great confidence booster. Damage to natural teeth is permanent and will require intervention by a dentist. It therefore makes sense to take good care of our natural teeth. Our preventative dentistry in Kenmore is designed to help reduce the risk of tooth decay, cavities and gum disease. It involves regular check-ups and procedures to help patients maintain good oral health. We also provide patients with guidance on at-home dental hygiene practices that help to maintain good oral health. If you’re searching for preventive dental care in Kenmore, contact Emerson, DDS to schedule an appointment.
Why is Preventive Dentistry So Important?
There are many benefits that our preventive dental care in Kenmore provides. These include:
- Monitoring of the condition of your teeth and gums – Our dentist will provide thorough checkups. We are able to identify dental issues in their early stages and provide patients with timely treatment to avoid complications.
- Saving money – with preventive dental care you can keep your gums and teeth healthy and thus avoid expensive dental procedures such as tooth replacement and root canals. It is cheaper to attend regular appointments than to suffer the pain and cost of a dental procedure to restore the function and appearance of your teeth.
- Identifying life-threatening diseases – Poor oral health can result in much more than tooth decay. It can lead to life-threatening conditions such as strokes and heart attacks. Regular dental check-ups can help keep you on track with good oral hygiene to avoid these conditions. We can also identify conditions such as oral cancer that can be life-threatening in its later stages. It can however, usually be treated if detected early.
What Does Preventative Dentistry Include?
Emerson DDS provides comprehensive preventative dental care. This includes:
- Routine oral exams
- Fluoride treatments
- Education on proper oral hygiene including proper brushing technique and flossing.
How Often Do I Need to See the Dentist?
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that patients see their dentists at least once every six months for preventive care. However, if you’re at greater risk of developing a dental condition, you should see the dentist more often. People considered to be in the higher-risk group include:
- Pregnant women
- People with weak immune systems
- People with gum disease
- People that experience cavities or the buildup of plaque often.
If you’re not sure about how often you should see a dentist for preventive dental services in Kenmore, you should speak with our dentist. Our dentist will review both your oral health and general health to determine your level of risk. We will recommend the best frequency for visits to ensure that your oral health is protected and that you won’t have to deal with any serious dental issues in the future.
When Should Preventive Dentistry Start?
Many people only begin to see a dentist when they are in pain or have experienced other dental issues. However, it is important to start taking preventive measures for good oral health early. We recommend making an appointment for preventative dentistry in Kenmore as soon as your child’s first tooth erupts. You should begin visiting a pediatric dentistry before your child is 12 months old. Get your child on a preventative program to ensure their oral health for the long term. This will help them build good oral health habits.
How Do I Schedule an Appointment?
Are you searching for preventive dental services in Kenmore? Fill out the form on our contact page to request a dental appointment. If you’re a new patient you can call (425) 486-2715. If you have any questions, let us know. We’d be happy to help.